For some time now I've been dwelling upon the idea of creating a playlist that would suit Into the Unknown, which you guys could listen to while reading or simply listen to it in general. The thing is just that how do you find the perfect songs that seem to fit the entire book, a chapter or particular scene? I remember that while writing the first ever draft of Into the Unknown I used to write down what song or album I was listening to while writing BUT smart as I am I seem to have lost that first original file which had the music written down in it. That sucks.
But, after listening to song upon song upon song I think I finally managed to narrow it down to a list of 17 songs from which I know that at least five have inspired particular scenes in the book. Then there is another song for which I wrote a particular scene which, in the end, didn't make the cut because it simply didn't fit the story anymore BUT I found another place for it so the song can still be found on this playlist.
Without more "talking" from my side, here is the playlist (if you click on the songs it'll take you over to spotify so you can listen to the songs and/or create the playlist with them):
- David Guetta - Metro Music
- Radiohead - Just
- Daniel Licht - Blood Theme
- Apoptygma Berzerk - Into the Unknown
- Linkin Park - Somewhere I Belong
- Ludovico Einaudi - Una Mattina
- London Ensemble - Lux Aeterna
- Twin Atlantic - Crash Land
- Woodkid - Iron
- Frightened Rabbit - The Woodpile
- Coffee and Cake For Funerals - I'm Fine
- Queen - I Want it All
- Circle of Alchemists - Anarchie
- Apoptygma Berzerk - In This Together
- Vayager/Airlight - This Time Tomorrow (This Band changed their name so I'm not sure under which name you'll find the song)
- AFI - Silver and Cold
- IAMX - I Come with Knives
So, what do you guys think of the songs? If you've read the book, do you think those songs fit? Do you like them, do you hate them?
Let me know in the comments below!