Here are ten different foods that show up in Forget Tomorrow:
1. Roast chicken and green beans with cloves of garlic. A meal fit for the New Year, prepared in honor of Callie's Memory's Eve. Everything has the slight plasticky taste of food that's been prepared in the Meal Assembler.
2. Chocolate cake. Handmade, misshapen, one side higher than the other. Callie is touched by this cake because her mother makes it in honor of Callie's dream to become a Manual Chef.
3. Peppermint tea. Callie's family drinks this tea around the eating table when they are talking, simply being together, or remembering the past.
4. Glop in prison. Disgusting, and it makes Callie want to turn her stomach inside out. But it is one of the few possessions Callie has, and so she offers it to her neighbor Sully as a bargaining chip. Sully, not surprisingly, turns it down.
5. Pot roast. When Jessa was a baby, Callie made this for her school project because the carrots and potatoes were soft enough for her sister to eat.
6. Rice in the woods. After running away from civilization, Callie boils rice from a canteen hung over a fire, using broad green leaves as a plate. This simple act of cooking makes her feel more like herself again.
7. Guacamole. Some people said Callie's guacamole was unbalanced, but Logan loves that extra punch of lime. (He might or might not be a little biased. Lol.)
8. Venison stew. The first dish Callie prepares for the community of Harmony, after she watches Zed skin a deer. Logan feeds Callie bits of the stew with his fingers, and she feels the tingle all the way to her toes. For a recipe of Callie's venison stew, check out this link: http://www.entangledteen.com/foodie-friday-callies-venison-stew-with-pintip-dunn/
9. Fish stuffed with diced veggies. Callie and Logan catch and scale the fish themselves, and as she looks at the fish's googly eyes, she feels like she can make a home in the wilderness.
10. Spaghetti squash. Another Meal Assembly specialty. Logan, being the gentleman that he is, waits for Callie to start, and then they dig in, the crunch of the noodles overtaking any need for conversation.
And there you have it! Ten foods that appear in Forget Tomorrow! What are your favorite foods? What special memory do they call for you? Please share!
Forget Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn
Expected Publication: November 3rd 2015 by Entangled TEEN
Number of Pages: 400 Pages (Hardcover)
Series: Yes, #1
Imagine a world where your destiny has already been decided...by your future self.
It's Callie's seventeenth birthday and, like everyone else, she's eagerly awaiting her vision-a memory sent back in time to sculpt each citizen into the person they're meant to be. A world-class swimmer. A renowned scientist.
Or in Callie's case, a criminal.
In her vision, she sees herself murdering her gifted younger sister. Before she can process what it means, Callie is arrested and placed in Limbo-a hellish prison for those destined to break the law. With the help of her childhood crush, Logan, a boy she hasn't spoken to in five years, she escapes.
But on the run from her future, as well as the government, Callie sets in motion a chain of events that she hopes will change her fate. If not, she must figure out how to protect her sister from the biggest threat of all-Callie, herself. (goodreads.com)
About the Author
Pintip Dunn graduated from Harvard University, magna cum laude, with an A.B. in English Literature and Language. She received her J.D. at Yale Law School, where she was an editor of the YALE LAW JOURNAL. She also published an article in the YALE LAW JOURNAL, entitled, “How Judges Overrule: Speech Act Theory and the Doctrine of Stare Decisis,”
Pintip is represented by literary agent Beth Miller of Writers House. She is a 2012 RWA Golden Heart® finalist and a 2014 double-finalist. She is a member of Romance Writers of America, Washington Romance Writers, YARWA, and The Golden Network.
She lives with her husband and children in Maryland. You can learn more about Pintip and her books at: